- What area of your property is to be addressed?
- Do you have a site map or plot plan which gives exact dimensions and property lines; are there easements or development covenants that you know of?
- Do you have a budget in mind?
- What feeling or mood do you want to establish (natural, formal, oriental, colorful)?
- Are there any natural features on the property that you would like to emphasize (or hide), such as trees, boulders, woods, fences, views, or slope?
- What is the view when you look out of the windows of your kitchen, den, and other frequently used rooms?
- Are there problem areas on the property such as steep slopes, poor drainage, soil erosion, bulging tree roots, or barren areas?
- Do you want to create more privacy or screen out unpleasant views, lights, noise from the property’s surroundings?
- Do any existing plants, trees or structures need to be removed or relocated?
Children's play area
- Do you normally perform the gardening work, or do you have a landscape contractor?
- Would you like to include?
Vegetable garden Lawn
Rock garden Graveled areas Perennials
Ornamental grasses Ground covers
Fountain, water features